Sr. Program Development Mgr
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-18
JOB TITLESr. Program Development MgrLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEProgram DevelopmentDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThis individual is responsible for the program development and customer relations associated with delivery of quality graduate “for credit” programs and non-credit programs for targeted industrial clients. This includes all elements of partner development, program logistics, and customer service in producing a viable industry corporate partner for the University.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Mentor, advise, and interface with other Corporate and Professional
- Education staff including Operations and Business Development employees.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the business community consistent with the basic function of the position.
- Identify opportunities for education and training initiatives through fostering strong relationships with the highest level of client management.
- Be involved in continuous improvement functions within Corporate and Professional Education with the goal of becoming a “Best” practices division.
- Design and assess technical procedures and practices with regard to curriculum development and delivery.
- Be able to discuss technical initiatives with the highest level of engineering and business management including plant operations, design, and research and engineering technical initiatives.
- Identify changes in technology and innovation that may result in new program opportunities.
- Assist the Directors with the planning and implementation of future programs.
- Conduct presentations for current and potential clients to assist Business Development in growing revenue.
- Provide information to the Dean and Directors on program cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in determining how to serve internal and external customers.
- Assist in obtaining new course and program approvals through appropriate academic governance committees.
- Develop and maintain faculty relationships to help facilitate and manage existing and new programs.
- Conduct market research to assist in strategic decision making with regard to program development initiatives.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate multiple tasks through project completion for curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Assist the Dean and Directors in developing and implementing a consistent marketing and advertising plan for the university.
- Represents WPI at corporate events and graduate fairs.
- Assist in proposal writing for clients and to obtain grant funding.
- Reporting structure: Reports to the Senior Program Development Manager of Corporate and Professional Education; on a normal and consistent basis will interact with the highest level of client management including, but not limited to, general managers, vice presidents, presidents and board members; on a normal and consistent basis will interact with department chairs, faculty, and members of the Provost’s staff.
- Other duties as may be assigned or determined to support the continued growth and development of Corporate and Professional Education.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Five+ years experience working with or in industry in a leadership, engineering, consultant, or marketing role.
- Prior program management experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Background in defining needs related to Science and Engineering within process, manufacturing, and/or technical corporations.
- Strong working knowledge of process improvement and engineering practice.
- Strong working knowledge of assessment procedures and practice.
- A dynamic individual capable of being an appropriate representative of WPI.
- Strong communicator able to make professional presentations on short lead times.
- Must be willing to do limited over night travel.