Director of Application Services (Reg FT)
Director of Application Services (Reg FT)
Position Title: Director of Application Services (Reg FT)
Department: Information Technology Svcs
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 27, 2020. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 19 - $85,422
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5813
Job Open Date: 12/20/2019
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Oversees software and application development, business analytics, project management, quality assurance, business and systems in a custom environment. Interacts with external partners and all business units within CCAC, building productive relationships between ITS and other business units. The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative, and collaborative, with a sophisticated ability to work with other leaders to set the best balance between college strategies and other priorities with the ITS Department.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree (master's preferred) in computer science, information science, or related area of study, with at least 10 years of related work experience. Ability to lead and develop a large team of technical/business analysts, software/application developers, application support personnel, and project managers. Must demonstrate ability to drive learning and improvement of operational practices, partner with vendor services providers, and collaborate with team members to deliver best-in-class, ongoing application support; lead in the development, transformation, and execution of organizational strategies and will seek out and maintain a solid grasp of industry trends and best practices; be highly visible with regular exposure across business units and senior leadership. The ability to understand organizational pressures and instill a strong sense of urgency and proactive communications as appropriate. Experience with ERP, MS Project, SharePoint, SQL, and Microsoft products preferred.
This position is based out of the Office of College Services, but will be required to report to any CCAC location as needed by the organization to provide the necessary support.
1. Continuously work to build high performing teams and to develop people. Focus on managing and coaching staff and managers to perform effectively, as a team, to support CCAC with a passionate focus on customer service/support and proactive problem solving.
2. Plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the application department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
3. Collaborate with the ITS team, college constituents and external vendors to ensure that the appropriate approach, selection criteria, and contractual terms are applied for college applications. In addition, effectively implement, integrate, and maintain the solutions within the CCAC systems and architecture.
4. Ensure ITS application development process disciplines (solution delivery, project management, work requests, QA, etc.) and standards are established, effectively managed and performed.
5. Develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships with peers and stakeholders.
6. Lead team to provide application support and/or application development with a significant focus on customer service and timely and effective support services.
7. Keep apprised to technical and production support trends, practices, and frameworks including but not limited to ERP, Agile, Kanban, Scrum, DevOps and other standard business facing applications. Apply advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes.
8. Apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
9. Continuously pursue and assess current and future technologies to address existing and future CCAC needs.
10. Supervise and maintain CCAC's repository of hardware and software applications through best practices, appropriate staffing, and management of the technical team.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=552&site=3
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency