Program Assistant - Texas External Quality Review Organization Quality Improvement
Job no: 515105
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:57720000 - INSTITUTE-CHILD HEALTH POLICY
Advertised: 17 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Program AssistantJob Description:
The UF Institute for Child Health Policy is seeking candidates with experience in medical terminology, data entry, and FISMA for a Program Assistant position. This position will serve as the primary administrative support to the Texas External Quality Review Organization (EQRO) Quality Improvement (QI) Team, housed in the UF Institute for Child Health Policy. This position will perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of the Texas EQRO QI Team, including: receiving and processing electronic and hard copies of medical records; maintaining databases; data entry; answering and making phone calls; and monitoring deliverables and progress of assigned tasks.
Specific duties to include:
- Receives and processes electronic and hard copies of medical records while adhering to the Texas Project privacy and security requirements within the FISMA environment, including logging the records into a database, following up with providers and health plans on missing or incomplete submissions, accuracy checks, and collecting other data as necessary.
- Supports the Quality Improvement Team by maintaining records, filing systems, taking inventories, requesting supplies, and responding to inquiries/ requests. Maintains QI databases, accurate data entry, generation of QI reports, technical and clerical support to QI staff, and supporting work processes designed to capture accurate QI data. Enters accurate data from site visit findings, documenting areas of concern. Prepares materials, records, and transcribes minutes for meetings, reviews, and audits.
- Assists with project planning, timelines, tasks, and data entry for project assignments. This includes monitoring multiple deliverables for projects; monitoring progress of assigned tasks and ensuring that any issues are discussed and action points are created. Assist with scheduling, registration, purchasing, evaluations, and other tasks as necessary for all health plan conferences. Provide general administrative support to the Texas Teams.
- Answers phones and redirects calls for provider and member surveys, and general information.
- Provides follow-up/reminder calls to Texas Project providers related to receipt of requested medical record documentation in support of Health Plan evaluation and follow-up.
- Participates fully in ongoing evaluation and improvement of work processes.
$16.75 - $19.15 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with medical terminology and experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- General computer skills including:
- data entry
- competence with Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel
- entering data into an SQL-based database
- securely accessing files in FISMA
- Strong in-person and telephonic communication skills
- Knowledge of encounter data validation
- Fluent in Spanish (written and spoken)
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: