Front Office & Conference Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
Intermediate Administrative Assistants perform clerical and administrative work to support a single person, a group of people, an office, or a program. They work under the general direction of a supervisor, and have a demonstrated capacity to work independently as well as the authority to make decisions based on standard operating procedures and policies, or per the guidance of leadership. They may have latitude to set procedures to accomplish work tasks.
- Provide general, clerical coordination to support office operations.
- Assist with arranging business travel, scheduling meetings, and supporting agenda management and expense tracking.
- Perform routine procurement duties including travel.
- Review and answer correspondence, as well as screen callers and visitors, which may include confidential matters.
- Maintain electronic files and produce reports.
- Provide administrative support for special projects.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Candidate must possess poise, work well in a fast-paced environment, have excellent oral and written communication abilities, and be able to multi-task. Microsoft Office. Experience working with students preferred. Experience in an Academic Environment preferred.
Education: High School Diploma. College degree preferred.
Experience: At least one year of relevant experience. Event management; virtual as well as in person; and procurement experience preferred; experience in an academic environment (2-5 years) preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does also require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs and coordination of multiple sites. Some lifting up to 25 pounds.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.