Information Systems Specialist (Department of Athletics)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Information Systems Specialist to provide technical support for the staff of the Department of Athletics.
The Information Systems Specialist position exists to provide technical support for the Athletics Information Systems office and Athletics Department staff in an effort to achieve operational excellence. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of both Windows and Macintosh computers, have a passion for customer service, and have significant experience delivering computing solutions to high-level users.
- Providing exemplary customer service to internal and external constituencies.
- Performing the integral and vital role in keeping the information technology aspects of the department working efficiently.
- Repairing and maintaining all computer hardware, as needed.
- Providing technical support for all hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Training department staff in the use of computers, computer hardware, and computer software.
- Providing game day technical support for various events, as needed.
- Performing routine technical tasks, as needed.
- Assisting with the technology aspects of onboarding of new department staff (account creation, hardware setup, etc.).
- Maintaining accurate department records of all hardware/software installed.
- Coordinating items for manufacturer/service depot repair, when needed.
- Following proper procedures related to secure computing, account maintenance, and purchasing.
- May serve as project leader for technology projects with large scope and department-wide impact, directing and integrating the work of other staff.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $50,000 - $55,000, depending on qualifications.
Anticipated Start Date: Mid-January, 2021.Required Qualifications
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or a high school diploma and four years of experience in providing advanced technical support.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems on complex computer applications and systems.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain both Windows and Mac computers and associated applications and peripherals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule in order to provide remote or on-grounds technical support for events.
- Computer Applications: In-depth knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems. Familiarity with various mobile device technologies.
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Experience: Experience providing technical support in a collegiate setting. Familiarity with UVA information technology protocols and systems.
- Computer Applications: Familiarity with JAMF and KACE system administration.
- Licensure/Certifications: UVA LSP Pro certification.
The deadline for applications is November 30, 2020. Please do not forward any applicant materials directly to staff of the Department of Athletics, as only applications received through this system will be considered. The successful candidate will pass a background check. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘Information Systems Specialist (Department of Athletics).’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0020017, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration (please note that all documents can be uploaded into the "Resume" box). For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.