Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job location: College at Wise (Wise, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
Assistant Athletic Trainers are typically assigned to one primary, potentially recognizable, sports program and will support other secondary sports programs. They operate with authority and independence with the sports they are assigned with oversight by the Head Athletic Trainer. They provide input to the Head Athletic Trainer on personnel distribution for covering sports, policy updates and revisions, and the annual budget development process. Other leadership responsibilities include mentoring peers and subordinates, assisting with U.Va. marketplace ordering, and providing oversight of the unit during the absence of Head Athletic Trainers
- Under the general supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, provide physical therapy and assist in the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Provide trainer coverage of athletic activities, advise on prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Communicate with Head Athletic Trainers regarding staffing, maintenance, and equipment needs for individual athletic training rooms.
- Engage in the development and maintenance of effective policies and procedures for the unit.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainers with determining distribution of personnel to ensure coverage of all sports.
- Advise on prevention and care of athletic injuries.
- Provide oversight of the Sports Medicine unit during the absence of Head Athletic Trainers.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $30,000.00 - $30,000.00 Annual
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Relevant work experience
Licensure: Eligibility for State Licensure; A National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) and CPR/AED certifications
Work is performed in the process of providing medical assistance and services to student-athletes which may include physical therapy and rehabilitation. Work is performed in a Sports Medicine facility possibly with the use of compressed gasses, cleaning products, weight bearing and strengthening equipment and apparatus.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.