Research Specialist I
Social Psychology Research Specialist will work on projects related to social psychology, social norms, and environmental sustainability that aim to inform psychological interventions and shift society towards addressing climate change and other social problems. Current projects include a meta-analysis on social norm effects, and understanding the influence of networks of social norms on attitudes towards renewable energy. Position is ideal for someone considering a research career in quantitative social science and interested in applying research to address social problems. This position also includes opportunities to learn and develop research skills and receive professional mentorship (e.g., in preparation for applying to a PhD).
Position may be adjusted to full-time depending on experience level and needs.Responsibilities
- Assist in a meta analysis of social norms, including, but not limited to, reviewing and harvesting data from prior literature, coding study features.
- Assist in designing and conducting online experiments related to social norms and sustainability
- Provide general research and administrative support for the research group, including, but not limited to, organizing weekly lab meetings, preparing IRB protocols.
Required skills / qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required in psychology or relevant field
- At least one year experience in social psychology or relevant field
- Familiarity with social psychological theory (coursework or research experience)
- Familiarity with inferential statistics (coursework or research experience)
- Familiarity with experimental quantitative methods
- Familiarity with survey design
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- Ability to conduct statistical analyses
- Understanding of effect size metrics
- Familiarity with Qualtrics
- Experience analyzing survey data
- Experience conducting online surveys, such as MTurk
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWStandard Weekly Hours18.13Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoEstimated Appointment End Date12/7/2021Comments Related to End Dateposition may be renewed based on funding and performancePhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo