Kiewit Design-Build Program Administrator
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe fields of civil, environmental and architectural engineering offer careers in the planning, design, construction and management of the built environment as well as in the interaction between the built environment and the natural environment. CEAE's mission is the education of undergraduate and graduate students to become leaders in the professional practice of engineering, contributing to technological advances that benefit humankind while improving the earth’s physical and biological resources.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeKiewit DB Program Administration
- Manages administration and evaluation of the Kiewit DB Program.
- Review program expenditures on a monthly basis to ensure accurate stewardship of gift funding.
- Coordinate program oversight meetings and build annual report with key measures for success.
- Solicit scholarship applications from students and facilitate evaluations of applications.
- Work closely with the CEAS scholarship staff to ensure complete distribution of scholarship funding.
- Plan recognition activities, jobsite tours, and various other events for Kiewit Scholars and faculty.
- Seek to continuously improve program through new innovations and initiatives.
- Collaborates with faculty and CEAS Marketing/Communications team to develop and manage the national and brand strategy for the Kiewit DB Program, incorporating appropriate channels (i.e. web presence, digital and print).
- Give presentations and advertise Kiewit DB Program at university freshmen orientations, class visits, student organization meetings, etc.
- Coordinate Kiewit information sessions and advertise job/internship opportunities.
- Build and deploy a high school outreach campaign to promote the program and scholarship opportunities at the university.
- Serves as the central coordinator for Kiewit Scholars, ensuring access to tutoring or other services as needed to support academic success.
- Develop and deploy a formal mentorship program for Kiewit Scholars, including peer-to-peer, young alumni and senior industry mentorship.
- Maintain regular communication with Kiewit DB Program alumni, ensuring long-term continuity of the program.
- Arrange class and student organization site visits to Kiewit projects and tours at Kiewit facilities.
- Arrange guest speakers for academic classes.
- Maintain and update a list of contacts between the university and Kiewit.
- Advises the Kiewit Professor of Practice and other faculty on Kiewit DB Program strategy and long-range planning.
- Attend and be active in Colorado engineering and construction events.
- Serve on professional committees in the Colorado engineering and construction community.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Dynamic. Be Boulder.What We RequireBachelor’s degree. At least five years of proven experience in an area of specialization. A combination of relevant post-baccalaureate education, training, and/or experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.What You Will Need
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and networking skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including high level of comfort presenting to senior management.
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively with decision makers across all levels within an organization.
- Proficient project manager with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to understand constituent needs and lead teams toward a common goal.
- Undergraduate degree in STEM subject area; master’s degree in a STEM-related field very helpful.
- Experience in an academic and/or higher education environment, especially in Civil Engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas:
- The construction and/or engineering industry.
- Planning and managing program budgets.
- Planning and executing events for professional participants.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]