IT Services Coordinator (Administrative Support Assistant III)
COM Info Technology ServicesDepartment Website Link:
University of Arizona Health SciencesAddress:
UAHS Tucson, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Information Technology Services, and performs a wide range of administrative and business tasks for the College of Medicine (COM) IT. The main responsibilities focus on processing and documenting computing hardware & software purchases for the College; managing software licenses; performing payroll duties; coordinating events and workspaces; assisting management of student employees, providing any support on visa matters (as applicable); and updating the COM IT website. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, open-minded and customer-oriented professional with a strong commitment to success in a team environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processall college expenditures that COM IT handles upon approval by unit businessmanagers and other authorized personnel.
- UseCOMHelp to establish, track and monitor computing inventories for COM IT byentering transaction and financial information.
- Process,reconcile and monitor COM IT expenditures that are approved by Assistant Dean.
- Timecoordinator for COM IT.
- Manageand inventory software licenses to ensure they are purchased or renewed timelyand accurately.
- Prepareor proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation and syntax foroffice correspondence while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Design,prepare, write, edit and distribute COM IT newsletter, promotional materials,public communication, and other printed/online materials from COM IT.
- Manageand update content for COM IT website.
- Stayabreast of College of Medicine, Tucson, UAHS, HR and FSO guidelines andpolicies on finance, spacing, personnel and business operations.
- MaintainCOM IT scheduling and event calendars.
- Overseeworking schedules for student employees and interns.
- Draft andsuggest office policies, procedures and schedules, and keep track of the dailywork of student employees.
- Assist totract COM IT budget and prepare annual IT budget report.
- Prepareand produce reports from UAccess systems.
- Preparefor meetings and produce meeting minutes as instructed.
- Organizeand manage COM IT office luncheon, birthday greetings, retreat and other eventsfor COM IT staff.
- Open,read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other deliveries, and prepareanswers to routine inquiries.
- Order anddispense supplies.
- ManageCOM IT space and keys that COM IT are authorized to keep.
- Arrangeconferences, meetings, and travel plans for office personnel.
- Prepare,process and track immigration procedures and paperwork for internationalemployees who need visa and sponsorship support (as applicable).
- Additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills *High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability *Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles *Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines *Work efficiently and effectively both independently and as part of a team in a fast moving environment *Strong interpersonal and customer service skills *Strong attention to detail *Knowledge and skills in accounting and budgeting procedures and techniques *Microsoft Office Suite proficiency *Ability to effectively communicate with superiors, coworkers, and other offices at the College and University *Integrity and professionalismFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $26.83Compensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard [email protected]Open Date:
11/17/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.