Sr Lab Svcs Tech
Senior Laboratory Services TechnicianUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Sr Lab Svcs TechLocation:
Dept of Eng TechnologyRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$3,105 - $4,200Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
Associate or BS Degree,
Knowledge and skills in industrial safety,
Knowledge and skills in Materials Testing and preparing samples,
Knowledge and skills in manual machining,
Knowledge and skills in setting up laboratory equipment,
Knowledge and skills in repair, maintenance, and preventive maintenance of laboratory and other equipment.
Knowledge and skills in CNC machining,
Knowledge and skills in Foundry,
Knowledge and skills in Machinery Millwork,
Knowledge and skills in Fabrication Assembly,
Knowledge and skills in Hydraulics & Pneumatics,
Knowledge of Construction Systems & Techniques,
Conduct ASTM and other material tests,
OSHA, Construction related Certifications, and other professional certification,
Prior university laboratory experience,
Prior military experience.
Responsible for maintaining inventory and storekeeping of supplies and equipment in science labs.Job Duties:
• Install new and donated equipment for use in laboratories.
• Maintain and or repair classrooms, offices and laboratories with surplus equipment and regular departmental consumable supplies.
• Maintain inventories and storage facilities.
• Build or rebuild machines, tools and apparatus for use in the Department of Engineering Technology.
• Develop, plan and design projects that fulfill the requested needs of the department.
• Inspect work completed by student workers.
• Prepare laboratories and laboratory experiments for faculty and student use.
• Process work request, purchase request and workloads.
• Supervise student workers and delegate responsibilities to assure that all work requests are being completed efficiently and effectively.
• Make hiring and discharge recommendations regarding student workers.
• Audit inventory for department.
• Acquire and maintain certifications requested by the department for existing and changing program needs.
• Provide instruction on equipment usage and safety management.
• Assist in metal casting and mold making for foundry.
11/17/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
12/01/2020Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.