Coordinator, Fiscal Planning & Budgeting (137437)
Coordinator, Fiscal Planning & Budgeting
Executive Vice President & Vice President Academic Affairs
University of Illinois System-Urbana
The University System Office seeks a Coordinator, Fiscal Planning & Budgeting to oversee and manage the accounting and financial functions for the President's Office, EVP/VPAA VPEDI, OGR, DPI and affiliated units, which includes: preparing financial statements, inventory management, procurement, grant administration, and developing financial policies and procedures for the organization. This position is responsible for operations management including compliance with university protocols, use of university systems, and risk management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the President's Office, EVP/VPAA, VPEDI, OGR, DPI and affiliated units including allocation of all expenditures by budget category. Maintain spreadsheets of and unit budget activities related to account balances and travel expenses including responsibility to track receipt of payments/reimbursements, and to initiate follow-up action accordingly. Maintain electronic and paper filing systems for all financial-related activities.
- Assist with financial responsibilities of units reporting to President's Office, EVP/VPAA, VPEDI, OGR, DPI and affiliated units and act as a proxy/delegate for unit staff as needed. Serve as resource for unit business staff for TEM, Banner, accounting procedures, and policy-related inquiries.
- Establish new contracts, vendors, invoice vouchers, and purchase orders. Coordinate with University procurement and units responsible on purchase implementation.
- Prepare expense and travel reimbursement for staff. Review travel plans prior to submission.
- Responsible for Banner month-end and year-end procedures and documentation, and preparation of year-end Fact Sheets.
- Responsible for management of awarded grant programs including administration of fiscal requirements. Assist with reporting to funding agencies and serve as point of contact for renewals, administration, and compliance.
- Responsible for i-Buy transaction approval and P-card transaction reconciliations for the President's Office, EVP/VPAA, VPEDI, OGR, DPI and affiliated units as needed.
- Serve as Department Card Manager and supervise, administer, and monitor the P-Card and T-Card activity of the President's Office, EVP/VPAA, VPEDI, OGR, DPI and affiliated units as needed. Process new cardholder applications and request changes to existing cardholder profiles through UPAY Card Services.
- Responsible for inventory management and maintaining equipment records in FABweb.
- Serve as backup Unit Security Coordinator and evaluate, review, and process requests for systems/applications within the security application. Remove permissions for employees that transfer within the U of I or leave the university.
- Provide clerical support to facilitate activities and support office functions to meet daily operational needs, including assisting administrative officials/professional staff as needed.
- Perform other assigned duties appropriate for a Coordinator, Fiscal Planning & Budgeting position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field OR Possession of current registration as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant, or a valid license to practice Public Accounting (LPA). OR Master's degree in Accountancy or a related field.
- Two years of professional level accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures, especially those governing business and financial operations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to address difficult, complex issues.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks. Must be able to handle a high volume of work and quickly switch between tasks as priorities change.
- Strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships. The ability to effectively interact with people within and outside of the University.
- Knowledge of Banner software program/application, FABweb, iBUY, EDDIE, Business Objects, Travel and Expense Management (TEM), My-UI-Financials, and other University systems related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs/applications including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to establish and maintain electronic and paper filing systems that contain confidential documents/records.
- Attendance, dependability, and professional manner are critical.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Accounting Associate position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after December 1, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
Applications must be received by December 1, 2020. Apply for this position by going to http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position by going to http://jobs.illinois.edu. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Melissa McMullen at [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The System Office conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:System Office Category:2-Administrative Title:Coordinator, Fiscal Planning & Budgeting (137437) Open Date:11/17/2020 Close Date:12/01/2020 Organization Name:Exec VP and VP Academic Affairs