Adjunct - Information Technology (Networking) Instructor
Adjunct - Information Technology (Networking) InstructorJob Category:
SCHOOL OF BUSINESSJob Description Summary:
The primary responsibilities of this position include, teaching courses in information technology, specifically networking. Classes may be in seat or hybrid formats. Curriculum development, mentoring and advising students, recruiting, and working on college committees are additional responsibilities of a full time faculty member. The position teaches upper level networking courses in information technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach materials in an engaging and interactive manner to students.
• Required to teach courses during the hours outlined for the course, grade homework, quizzes, tests, final exams, and student labs, document grades in Learning Management System (Moodle), and perform final outcomes assessment with course leader.
• The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
•Master’s degree in Computer Information Technology or Information Technology Networking.
•Extensive knowledge of current technology trends and applications are required.
•Strong presentation and communication skills, have the ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty and be devoted to student learning and recruiting new students.
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to promote active and collaborative learning through a variety of teaching methods, as well as relate to students. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. The physical activity of this position.
A. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other employees accurately, loudly, or quickly.
B. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
2. The physical requirements of this position.
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
The employee is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.Close Date: