Patient Access Representative Student Health
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- Serves as a liaison for all correspondence and inquires pertaining to billing issues.
- Register students arriving to Health Center, including answering complex questions related to all areas of Health Center; lab, x-ray, pharmacy, student health insurance matters and immunization requirements.
- Verification in Medicat that all Insurance and Immunization information is current for all new patients and alert clinical staff of any urgent problems.
- Ensure that medical records are kept confidential and that medical information is not given without the consent of the patient.
- Create, maintain and ensure accuracy of medical record keeping by verifying that lab results are reviewed.
- Verify that appropriate forms are signed and scanned into medical record; consent, medical record release and minor consent forms (when applicable).
- Review and prioritize incoming correspondence ,calls and telephone messages; refer to appropriate personnel or department as necessary, research pertinent back-up materials as required by medical providers or administrative personnel.
- Interact with students, other users of services at Health Center, including internal customers (clinical staff, students, and university employees) and outside medical offices, both in person and through telephone contact, serving as a liaison of the health center's medical providers and administrative personnel.
- Work independently under minimal supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a busy work environment with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Arrange, update and maintain clinic, medical provider and specialty clinics appointment schedule and referrals to outside medical offices.
- Enter of immunization information into the computerized record keeping system, act as local expert in immunization program, and interact with information technology to assure uninterrupted operation.
- Cashier functions including multiple pricing schedules and credit card transactions and reconciliation.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c101