Temporary Enrollment Advisor (part-time)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
This is a temporary part-time position (~20 hours per week) with an expected end date of May 2021. This position will support the Summer Scholars Program (SSP) within the Division of Continuing and Internal Education (DCIE).
Job Description Summary
As the initial Division of Continuing and International Education (DCIE) representative to prospective students, the Enrollment Advisor advises, guides, educates, consults, and supports qualified potential students in achieving their professional and personal goals by enrolling in one of the DCIE programs. Student leads are provided to the Enrollment Advisor who is then expected to engage in consultative, relationship-building activities to nurture qualified leads into applicants.
The Enrollment Advisor will be responsible for quality outbound calls, quality inbound calls, lead contact activity, completed applications of qualified students, professional and positive attitude, exceptional level of customer service provided from lead stage through enrollment, fostering of working relationships, goal achievement, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills. As the main University representative to students, the Enrollment Advisor will be responsible for an exceptional and complete customer enrollment experience.
Specifically, the Enrollment Advisor will:
- Assess potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in Summer Scholar programs.
- Receive, follow-up, and nurture on potential students via phone, email, and direct mail student inquiries.
- Qualify and advise students for various academic programs. Communicate with potential students on admission requirement, policies and procedures, transfer of credit and related issues.
- Build rapport and provide guidance for students with the enrollment process.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM system to record and update all students’ contact and communication information.
- Ensure organizational policy and procedures are followed regarding security and confidentiality pertaining to the collection/or use of personally identifiable information.
- Strictly adhere to organization procedures regarding security and confidential of student financial and FERPA protected information.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Experience in customer service, account management or relationship building in Higher Education preferred (Admission, Academic Advising, Financial Aid or Registrar).
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Skill in the use of computerized systems and databases, customer relationship management systems
- Excellent telephone etiquette and skills
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively via internet-based media or social media
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong ability to work well under time pressure and meet deadlines and goals
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:c104