Research Support Specialist
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
This position is part of the Firefighter Cancer Initiative (FCI), a multi-faceted project funded by the state of Florida to study firefighters’ exposure to carcinogens, examine their cancer risk, and develop methods of education about prevention and early detection, which will provide professional level support and coordination for research and administrative related activities. The incumbent will implement day-to-day activities related to research protocols.
- Establishes patient/participant screening procedures with Principal Investigator and collects data from patient charts, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources.
- Assists in any administrative related activities including time accounting, billing and ensures they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains logs/progress reports to track both currently enrolled as well as follow-up patients/participants.
- Organizes and handles the flow of information to and from study participants, including study participant contact information.
- Develops efficient strategies for following up with study participants on a regular basis.
- Establishes/maintains contact with patient/participants, health care providers, community agencies and study sponsors.
- Maintains and manages databases; enters data appropriately. Ensure data integrity and consistency in computer database and written records.
- Maintains consent forms, all other documentations and sponsor correspondences.
- Attend meetings with research team members as needed.
- Prepares monthly enrollment reports.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining stock of necessary supplies for the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Light travel necessary for study collect data and recruit participants
- Excellent English skills (both oral and written) required
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r4