This position is based at the Quality Assurance Review Center (QARC) in Lincoln, RI. QARC is a QA and data center affiliated with the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Radiation Oncology. QARC provides Radiation Therapy and Diagnostic Imaging services in support of cancer clinical trials. QARC provides these services to the National Clinical Trials Network sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) as well as to several major pharmaceutical companies sponsoring cancer clinical trials. The QARC Medical Physicist is a key position at QARC. Working closely with the QARC Director; Director of Operations and Senior Medical Physicist, the QARC Medical Physicist will manage the day to day medical physics/dosimetry program at QARC.
- Trains and supervises research dosimetrists performing dosimetric evaluations of patients treated on a variety of cancer studies.
- Reviews and edits new protocols to ensure compliance with radiation therapy standards and NCI requirements.
- Establishes protocol templates for new studies.
- Participates in the development of new credentialing (benchmark) tools.
- Reviews and approves submitted benchmark cases
- Participates in regular conference calls with study teams and/or investigators
- Prepares and delivers presentations about QARC at Investigator Meetings for the industry trials. This may involve travel and/or be delivered via web conferences.
- Participates with medical physicists and radiation oncologists within the IROC organization and at NCTN Group meetings determining and developing best practices for inclusion in new protocols.
- Provides education and support to investigators at participating sites about the requirements of the protocols.
- Contributes to funding applications and manuscripts.
- MS or PhD in medical physics
- Minimum of 5 years in clinical radiation therapy with broad experience in clinical radiation therapy medical physics
- ABR or ABMP Board Certification in radiation therapy physics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with DICOM toolkits and/or Matlab programming
- This position is located at the QARC data center in Lincoln, RI. QARC provides radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging services to sponsors conducting cancer clinical trials.
This position is located at the QARC data center in Lincoln, RI. QARC provides radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging services to sponsors conducting cancer clinical trials. This position has no patient contact.