Accounts Payable Specialist
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Accounts Payable Specialist
Job ID 3975
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of the analytical review process related to invoice processing and the creation and modification of vendors.
The position will work alongside four other specialists reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager. Key responsibilities include ensuring that departments are in compliance with DePaul's policy and procedures and verifying appropriate tax documentation and legitimacy of vendors.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Process university invoices and reimbursements for payment in PeopleSoft, including verifying appropriate approval, and chartfield/coding data, as well as reviewing for compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review university daily check cycles and void checks when appropriate.
- Provide daily assistance to the university community and vendors on invoice-related issues.
- Review vendor statements and handle return credit memo's and refund checks.
- Develop, install, and maintain vendor-related database systems for flat file invoice billing.
- Assist and train departments on system reporting tools.
- Develop and implement internal controls.
- Create and update university vendors in the PeopleSoft ERP System.
- Verify legitimacy of vendors by contacting external sources and reviewing data within other PeopleSoft modules, IRS TIN Matching application, and Windstar Tax Navigator application.
- Participate in the annual 1099 and 1042 processing.
- Provide daily assistance to the university community and vendors related to vendor and tax-related documentation and payment inquiries.
- Develop and distribute various department reports and data analysis.
Education & Experience
- PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud or comparable ERP experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Three years of business, accounting or related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work over-time during fiscal year close and throughout the year as needed, including some Saturdays.
- Customer service experience.
- College credits or degree in accounting.
- Accounts Payable Certification.
- Previous tax experience.
- Assist with the mentoring and development of our student workers.
- Responsible for vendor maintenance related to approximately 8,500 active vendors.
- Processes and analyzes university invoices and employee reimbursements.