10018322 Transfer Evaluation Specialist
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of the Registrar Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the evaluation of coursework from other institutions for transfer to Middle Georgia State University and provides other customer service functions.
- Evaluates transferable credits from academic transcripts from other institutions.
- Develops and maintains automated transfer evaluation catalogs; updates catalogs annually.
- Meets with deans, department chairs and students to explain evaluation determinations as needed.
- Researches and processes Transfer Credit Reconsideration requests.
- Processes requests for credit for non-traditional sources; notifies students of outcome.
- Processes all source documents for new students.
- Processes Transient Permission Forms.
- Assists in the maintenance of student academic records.
- Process Immunization records
- Process reports pertaining to transfer work and transient students
- Assists with a variety of other Registrar’s Office activities.
- Responds to queries from faculty, staff and students on a range of academic policies and procedures.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of university transcript, catalog, course, and policy review procedures.
- Knowledge of transfer credit policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requirements.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The University Registrar assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include Board of Regents policies, agreements with other institutions, FERPA requirements, and university policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related duties in the evaluation of transfer transcripts. Strict guidelines contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to evaluate transfer credit. Success in this position ensures the accurate evaluation of transfer transcripts.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university personnel, faculty, staff, students, representatives of other institutions, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to justify, defend or settle matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position supervises the work of assigned student workers.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a baccalaureate degree.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Familiar with Student Information Systems ( banner preferred)
- Familiar with document imaging software’s
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018322 Transfer Evaluation Specialist 11.16.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D