Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 34943
College of Arts & Sciences, Department of Social WorkJob Description
The UMKC School of Social Work invites applications for a part-time adjunct instructor in its Advanced Generalist MSW Degree Program. This position involves working with the MSW Program Director where there are not multiple sections in the construction of the course syllabus, including the requisite assessment criteria and measures.
These course(s) are offered in Spring 2021
The title of the courses are, SOC-WK 5561 Social Work in Health Care. This course builds on a foundation of direct social work practice in the context of the health care systems in the United States. The social work role in the medical model will be analyzed along with the roles of nursing and allied health professionals. SOC-WK 5569 Core Concepts of Child and Adolescent Trauma. This course prepares students for trauma-informed, evidence-based practice. Based on core concepts, the course uses a problem-based learning approach through the use of in-depth case studies.
The UMKC School of Social Work Mission is: Vision Statement: UMKC School of Social Work will become a model urban, professional school recognized for its partnership within diverse communities to effectively collaborate and sustain a safe, more economically secure, and socially just quality of life. Mission Statement: To prepare competent, advance generalist social work practitioners to meet the needs of multi-cultural diverse populations in a dynamic mid-western metropolitan context; to be culturally proficient, ethical leaders and service providers engaged in knowledge-driven, inter-professional, multi-systemic, community-based practice; who advocate for social and economic justice, enhance human wellbeing, and support individual’s capacity to address their own needs.
- To prepare culturally proficient advanced generalist social work leaders and practitioners to provide human services for diverse populations.
- To prepare advanced generalist social work leaders and practitioners to engage in interdisciplinary scientific inquiry, and critical thinking.
- To prepare advanced generalist social work leaders and practitioners to develop and implement multi-systemic, multi-level evidence-based practices.
- To prepare advanced generalist social workers that understand and identify with the social work profession and are committed to upholding the values and ethics of the profession that serve to guide professional practice.
- To prepare advanced generalist social workers to advocate for social and economic justice through collaboration with multicultural diverse communities.
UMKC is a comprehensive urban university in the land-grant tradition and training for the Advanced Generalist MSW is seen as an important part of that tradition.Minimum Qualifications
- An MSW from a CSWE accredited program.
- A strong record of professional experience in areas specific to the course topic.
- An ability to help design and deliver with quality a course to meet its learning outcomes.
Previous teaching experience at the College or University level in Social Work.Full Time/Part Time
This is a part-time position and employment is contingent upon class enrollment.Application Deadline
Application materials are solicited on an ongoing basis to ensure we have a strong talent pool to source from in the event of a vacancy.Application Instructions
Application materials must be submitted online at www.umkc.edu/jobs. Applicants must combine all application materials (personal letter of interest with accompanying curriculum vitae and a list of references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, , %, etc.). If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.Comments
For further information about this position, please contact the Program Director Amy Simmons via email at [email protected].