Registration and Scheduling Specialist
Position: Registration and Scheduling Specialist Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 585 # of Openings: 1 Registration and Scheduling Specialist Job Overview
- The Registration and Scheduling Specialist provides student registration and course scheduling services for Wheaton College. This position collaborates with academic departments to create and edit the course schedule and room assignments each term. It is also responsible to process individual course registrations and audits for degree-seeking students and non-degree-seeking students, and changes to students’ curriculum records (such as majors, minors, and certificates). This position works collaboratively within the Registrar’s Office.
- The Registration and Scheduling Specialist will report to the Registrar. This position does not supervise any staff.
- This position does not have budgetary management or oversight.
- This position is full-time, 12 month, and non-exempt. Will occasionally require some evening and weekend hours.
- Work collaboratively with department chairs and office coordinators to produce the class schedule every semester and make room assignments for academic classes.
- Register students for individual courses, such as internships and tutorials. Create individual sections as needed.
- Create records and register non-degree-seeking students.
- Register students for course audits.
- Process changes to students’ curriculum records, such as majors, minors, concentrations, or certificates.
- Manage advisor assignments and reassignments.
- Utilize document management system for maintaining student records.
- Serve as a back-up for the Office Coordinator.
- Provide assistance to the Registrar as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years of experience within an administrative office setting, preferably higher education. Previous Registrar’s Office experience desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is necessary. Working knowledge of relational databases is desired; Banner preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with faculty, students, administrators, and staff.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and monitor data.
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- Proven self-starter and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, confidential information in a mature, professional manner and be familiar with FERPA.