Moss Street Partnership School Teacher, Grades K - 5
Applicant PoolFunctional Title:
Moss Street Partnership School Teacher, Grades K - 5Position Type:
Moss Street Partnership SchoolPosition Eclass:
EB - EHRA 11 month leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Moss Street Partnership School is part of an exciting, innovative initiative by North Carolina’s General Assembly improve student learning. UNCG is one of nine campuses selected by the state to develop new elementary schools in low-performing districts. UNCG has partnered with Rockingham County Schools and the Moss Street Community to transform Moss Street Elementary into the new Moss Street Partnership School to provide students with the best education possible.
Through this partnership, students will benefit from hands-on projects that incorporate science, technology, engineering, visual and performing arts mathematics (STEAM), as well as counseling and nutritional programs to support the students’ health, social development and emotional well-being.
Moss Street Partnership School will also serve as an educator-preparation and professional learning site for teachers, administrators, school librarians, school counselors and school social workers.
Moss Street is a special place, where students can participate in special science events like Science Everywhere, take advantage of state-of-the-art resources — a 3-D printer, fully-stocked library, musical instruments, tablet computers, and even a national radio podcast competition! We’re looking for special teachers to help us become a national model for how an elementary school can transform the lives of students, their families, and the community.
The Moss Street Partnership School is an active, innovative teaching and learning environment for K-5 children; their parents and families; teachers, administrators, librarians, and other school staff; and professional education preparation students; where ALL students learn to be contributors to their families and communities and to pursue their dreams and aspirations. To this end, the Moss Street Partnership School has a fully inclusive, collaborative culture that is learner-centered and learner-led.
- Inclusive: Fully inclusive school culture that ensures that all students thrive.
- Collaborative: Faculty, staff, and students collaborate with families, the community, and the University to ensure that children receive high-quality instruction, support, and services in a caring learning environment.
- Experiential: Values learning experientially, empowering students through authentic learning experiences.
- Interdisciplinary: Embraces an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning.
- Reflective: Faculty, staff, and students engage in reflective practices that cultivate and extend their learning.
The Partnership School emphasizes three primary instructional approaches to increase academic achievement:
- Experiential learning actively engages students in exploring big ideas, thinking critically, experimenting, solving problems, making meaning, and reflecting on their learning. Students participate in hands-on projects, service-learning, and collaborative activities that support them in becoming self-directed, solving problems, and understanding connections among subjects.
- Interdisciplinary units provide opportunities for students to explore relevant issues of specific interest that provide hands-on learning experiences, real-world application of knowledge, and authentic opportunities to contribute to their school and broader community.
- Creative Arts & Physical Education (CAPE) is a vital component of a child’s complete educational experience. We are committed to providing our students creative and artistic exploration through a full arts-based and movement-based program, including music, theatre, dance, visual arts, and physical education.
Moss Street Partnership School teachers will work with K-5 students, other faculty of the Partnership School, professional education program faculty at UNCG, relevant personnel from Rockingham County Schools, and external agency personnel with the mission of improving teaching and learning for students at the Partnership School. Teachers will work collaboratively to plan for, teach, and assess all students in their classrooms to achieve the mission of the school. Teachers will cultivate a culture of innovation that supports effective instructional practices/strategies to promote academic and personal success for all students and adults in the school. Teachers will work collaboratively with the Principal and UNCG faculty/staff to support the successful social, emotional, physical, and academic growth of the students at the Partnership School.Position Summary:
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro seeks enthusiastic, committed, and innovative K-5 teachers for the Moss Street Partnership School. The position is an eleven-month, full-time, EHRA non-faculty position in the School of Education. Moss Street Partnership Teachers will be housed at Moss Street Partnership School, 419 Moss Street, Reidsville, NC. Moss Street Partnership School teachers report to the Principal of Moss Street Partnership School.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; excellent oral and written communication skills; and evidence of skill in working with high needs student populations. Qualifying degrees must be conferred and received from appropriately accredited institutions. A current teaching license for grades K-6 or eligibility for teacher licensure in grades K-6 in North Carolina is required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Qualifications as a clinical educator—licensure, three years of experience, proficient on most recent evaluation
- Teaching experience in diverse schools;
- Commitment to creating caring classrooms and school relationships and culture;
- Evidence of improving student performance in all subgroups;
- Technologically proficient;
- Innovation and outcomes orientation;
- Commitment to working collaboratively;
- Experience supporting pre-service teachers.
The individual should be self-directed; organized with attention to detail; possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, including collaboration with community members, school personnel and university personnel; highly motivated and willing to be receptive to innovative practices/procedures; and willing to take the initiative to learn the duties/responsibilities/expectations of the work and operations of the Partnership School.Special Instructions to Applicants:
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
This posting is accepting applications in order to fill any immediate vacancies that may occur during the academic school year. This posting will remain active through the remainder of this calendar year. After December 31, 2019, this posting will close and the application submitted with this posting will be cancelled. If you are still interested in a teaching position during the remaining academic school year, then please apply to the new posting for the K-5 Teacher for the Moss Street Partnership School. The Close Date listed indicates when this posting will close.
Compensation based on education and experience.Org #-Department:
Partnership School - 12022Job Open Date:
09/27/2019Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
Reading - F, Writing - F, Eye-hand coordination - F, Vision-Color Distinction - F, Vision-Visual inspection - F, Vision-Measuring/Assembling at distance close to eye - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Standing - F, Sitting - F, Walking - F