Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Harte Research Institute
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Laboratory Technician is expected to contribute in many ways to research projects in the Coastal Conservation and Restoration Ecology Lab, including carrying out procedures and recording results for field and laboratory work related to Eastern Oysters.
- Attend project meetings.
- Collect and analyze field and laboratory data.
- Maintain accurate data records.
- Summarize project results.
- Prepare presentations, reports and manuscripts for submission to granting agencies and scientific journals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Biology or related environmental science field.
- One (1) year of experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Field and/or Laboratory experience with Eastern Oyster (Crassostrea virginica).
- Experience in Invertebrate and Plankton Identification and Classification.
- Experience in transect sampling.
- Knowledgeable in ArcGIS, SPSS, and SAS.
- Ability to travel as needed for the collection of samples and other data.
- Bachelors Degree in Biology or related environmental science field.
- Proficient in ArcGIS, SPSS, and SAS.
- Current valid scuba diving certification.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Laboratory-Technician_R-034062
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency