The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Job Profile Title
Administrative Assistant B
Job Description Summary
Under limited supervision the House Coordinator (Administrative Assistant B) for Harnwell College House supports the House Dean in all administrative functions of the College House. Includes financial processing and record keeping; supporting undergraduate, graduate and faculty residential staff; coordinating annual hiring of residential staff; facilitating communications and supporting all aspects of residential life according to the goals of the College House. Provides support to CHAS central and other House Offices as needed
1. Process Ben Financial entries, place purchase orders, may distribute petty cash and assist in all financial paperwork/processes including the use of the Supplier Portal and Concur Travel and Expense system. Assist House Dean in overseeing student payroll paperwork and Student Program Card accounts and express shipping. Under the direction of the House Dean may assist with additional financial transactions/responsibilities.
2. Provide other administrative support to the House Dean such as management of the House Dean's calendar; assistance with event logistics (catering arrangements /space reservations); document preparation; oversight of space usage/reservation system; gives occasional support to other senior staff as needed. May be required by to provide back-up support to other Houses offices and during off peak periods, assist with central administrative projects such as RA/GA orientation.
3. Execute summer administrative projects such as publication/distribution of house guide and mailing to incoming residents; arrangements for RA/GA orientation and NSO; scheduling appointments of incoming freshmen advisees with House Dean.
4. Coordinate House communications including regular communications with CHAS central through the maintenance of such media as the House website, calendar, listservs, bulletin boards; coordinate the publicity of house-wide events.
5. Facilitate and coordinate annual GA/RA and student manager search, interview and hiring process with the guidance of the House Dean or Faculty Director.
6. Manage College House Office, including office equipment and supplies; assist with supervision of student office staff; provide general assistance to GA/RA and manager staff; maintain residential staff duty roster.
7. Work with the Residential Services Manager and Building Administrator to track facilities work orders; coordinate keys and space access; arrange for guest access or address special security needs; and facilitates the moves in and out of residents.
8. May be required on occasion to run errands, carry packages or lift boxes weighing 25 lbs or less.
9. Perform Additional duties as assigned.
A High School Diploma or GED is required and 3 years to 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferably in a University setting). Bachelor's Degree preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills; must have excellent proofreading/grammatical skills. Attention to detail and an ability to keep detailed records. Strong organizational skills and an ability to work on several projects at once, prioritize assignments, work independently and meet deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) experience with email programs such as Outlook; knowledge of editing and or producing documents on the World Wide Web highly desirable. Sound professional judgment and the ability to exercise discretion in working with confidential or sensitive matters a must. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals from all levels of the University. Knowledge of the University's financial systems desirable. Ability to lift 25 pounds or less. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect your and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
College Houses and Academic Services
$17.58 - $31.65
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Harnwell-College-House/House-Coordinator_JR00025630
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency