Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.Job Summary
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.Job Responsibilities
- Aides in the application of principles of accounting and, with experience, may handle complex tasks.
- Utilizes knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile and keep financial records.
- Finalizes accounting reports.
- Studies and analyzes accounting records for purposes of preparing statements and reports.
- Includes such activities as keeping and verifying records of transactions; receiving and disbursing money; computing and verifying amounts; preparing records; combining data and performing computations to create statistical records; and computing costs, verifying bills, invoices, rates, etc.,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Efficient in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and other office software.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organization with an eye for detail.
- Excellent people skills.
- Preference for those who have completed the following Acct. 201, 203, 356, and BUSM 301 and 320 classes.
Typical office environment
Dress and Grooming Standards
The employee must abide by the BYU-Hawaii Dress and Grooming Standards. He/she is expected to dress appropriately for the position.
The student employee must agree to a minimum period of employment for 1 year, as determined by the employer, based upon the departmental needs. The student employee is expected to give a semester’s notice prior to leaving.
This job description may not comprise all duties to be performed by the employee. Management reserves the right to modify and revise information in this job description at will.
In Person* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.