Service Center Supervisor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
The Service Center (SC) collaborates with:
• BYUH Students, Staff, Faculty, and Administration
• Not for profit 503(c) community partners.
• Local medical and education institutions.
• For profit community partner events, that are free for the community.
• The SC establishes, organizes and plans various service events with community service partners from Kahana Valley to Waimea Valley along the North Shore of Oahu, providing meaningful service for students of Brigham Young University-Hawaii (BYUH).
• Researches and establishes a relationship with new community partners who serve to improve and promote the overall wellness and cleanliness of communities.
• Ensures all legal documents are in compliance that support and sustain the safety and overall wellbeing of all BYUH students when serving with any of our established community partners.
• Provides student development leadership training for Assistant Specialist and Service Council Members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate and create an annual calendar of service events for the Service Center with SLS coordinator.
Organize, plan, and submit event requests and wrap-up reports in campus labs for each planned service project during a semester:
· Hawaiiana Service day
· Service Fair
· Blood Drives
· Mental Health Awareness
· One Stop Service Opportunities
· Ho’omana Service day
Provide service opportunities for:
· Individual students to gain service hours at leisure, class credit, or for scholarship requirements.
· Clubs who need a service project requirement.
· Enhances a student’s experience and personal development.
Oversee a service project from beginning to end ensuring its overall success.
Work with your Assistant Specialist and the SLS media team to advertise, recruit, select, and train service council members.
Plan Weekly Meetings, prepare agendas, draft event data reports, and address concerns counseling together for and during service council meetings.
Meet weekly with Assistant Specialist to counsel together, address concerns/challenges, and ensure goals/plans are being fulfilled.
1-1 weekly stewardship evaluation report with SLS coordinator.
Record and track all data into an annual report for end of year budget evaluation to ensure Institution Learning Outcomes (ILO) have been fulfilled
EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
· 1 Assistant Specialist
· 8 Service Center Council Members
· 15-20 Volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership experience over individuals and large groups.
Excellent English written communication and verbal dialogue skills.
An organized multitasker.
Well versed in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs.
This positions should result in developing good work habits, learning accountability and responsibility, taking pride in work outcome, leadership development and specific experiences which supplement training in the student’s overall academic experience. The specific learning outcomes for this position are:
1. Exhibits strong leadership planning and evaluation skills.
2. Proficient in online Campus Labs platform operator to submit event plans, record, and evaluate data.
3. Demonstrates intercultural competency, civic knowledge, and the ability to engage effectively with various communities.
DRESS AND GROOMING STANDARDS
The employee must abide by the BYU-Hawaii Dress and Grooming Standards. He/she is expected to dress appropriately for the position.
The student employee must agree to a minimum period of employment, as determined by the employer, based upon the departmental needs. The student employee is expected to give a semester’s notice prior to leaving.
This job description may not comprise all duties to be performed by the employee. Management reserves the right to change, edit or delete information in the job description.