Job descriptionJob Number 2011004
Closing Date: 11/30/2020
Take me to ACC's online application.
Position InformationLocationHighland CampusHoursVaries - 19 hours a week maximum. Hours are currently Monday - Friday but will expand to include Saturdays in the future.Salary$16.00/hrFLSA StatusNon-ExemptReports ToManager or Supervisor, Academic Technology SupportCriminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.General Statement of JobProvides complex clerical and administrative support to a departmental office or program.Information for This Posting Only To interact with future and current students in a call center environment by responding to inquiries and concerns about Austin Community College (ACC) services and procedures in order to help ensure success for college, continuing education, and adult education students.Description of Duties and TasksEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deals directly with students technical issues either by telephone, electronic email, or live chat.
- Promptly answers technical questions for students (including, but not limited to ACC email, ACCeID, Blackboard, etc) and refers non technical questions to the appropriate departments.
- Appropriately identifies and coordinates second level requests when special access is required to resolve customer inquiries.
- Adheres to Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) and other federal and state regulations regarding privacy.
- Provides feedback on policies and procedures for helpline use and training.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments.
- Will be responsible for checking out technology to students (iPads, laptops, calculators, webcams, etc.).
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Call center practices, standards, and protocols in regard to phone, email, and tablets.
- Computer applications including Windows, Mac, browsers, smart phones, and tablets.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using listening skills.
- Drafting effective written communications.
- Multitasking using phone, chat, and email concurrently and dealing with high volume of calls and interruptions.
- Showing initiative and being able to quickly adapt to changes.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Establishing and maintaining effective collegewide working relationships.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Use a multi-line hard and/or soft phone.
- Keyboarding skills with emphasis on speed and accuracy.
- Able to navigate multiple operating systems and brows and able to cross reference across multiple databases and resource materials.
- One year work experience in a Help Center/Customer Service Support role.
- High school diploma, Associates degree or educational equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Google Mail
- Working knowledge of Blackboard
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Working knowledge of tablets (iPads/Android)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Working knowledge of Apple MacOS, iOS and iPadOS
- Working knowledge of any or all of the following college oriented areas: Admissions, Financial Aid, Cashier, Distance Learning, Registration, Adult Education, and Continuing Education, Early College Start, and Student Resources.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law. DisclaimerThe above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.