Director of Assessment and Accreditation
Bloomfield College’s Office of Academic Affairs is seeking a Director of Assessment and Accreditation. The Director of Assessment and Accreditation will oversee the College’s assessment systems and accreditation, and continuous improvement processes through the Office of Academic Affairs. The Director will provide leadership for creating and maintaining effective assessment practices that will support the College’s Strategic Plan and accreditation requirements. This position will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty.
The Director will serve as the Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO) to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and work collaboratively with the Academic Affairs leadership team, the Office of Institutional Research, Faculty, and Staff to facilitate and manage all aspects of institutional assessment, academic program review, including but not limited to course and program assessment, and the assessment of student learning outcomes and co-curricular learning experiences. Central to this role, the Director will work closely with Academic Divisions and the Center for Student Success to ensure appropriate assessment measures and implements are used in assessment practices to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
The Director will also work closely with appropriate campus constituents to prepare, review, and disseminate accreditation reports, while serving as a resource and partner for program-specific accreditation efforts, including but not limited to Nursing (CCNE, The Commission on Collegiate Nursing) and Education (CAEP, Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Job Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain files and databases documenting all aspects of assessment plans, related implementation activities, and progress towards achieving assessment goals across Academic Affairs (accreditation, student learning outcomes, program reviews, college educational goals).
- Lead MSCHE assessment processes (assessment, data management, and accreditation reporting) and fulfill responsibilities outlined in the ALO guidelines provided by the MSCHE.
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision for an effective, data-driven analytical framework for academic assessment and continuous improvement in compliance with MSCHE Accreditation Standards.
- Collaborate with institutional research, to provide leadership, expertise, and guidance to develop, analyze, and successfully submit all internal and external accountability and accreditation reports for Academic Affairs (e.g., MSCHE, NJ higher education, college annual reports, program-specific accreditation) and associated accreditation visits.
- Assist outcomes assessment efforts within and across Academic Affairs, work collaboratively to design and implement appropriate assessment measures, and manage the program review process.
- Educate faculty and staff regarding accreditation and assessment processes and build their awareness and involvement. Coordinate and monitor faculty and staff development and training programs in assessment, and keep the campus knowledgeable about best-practices in assessment and accreditation policy changes.
- In collaboration with institutional research, coordinate the collection, organization, analysis and representation of academic assessment data. Support survey design, management and analysis as appropriate to support equity-driven, highly-effective academic programs and student success programs (e.g., Center for Student Success) at Bloomfield College.
- Implement technological solutions to streamline assessment processes and improve assessment efficiency.
- Prepare written reports, presentations, dashboards/infographics and other data visualizations for survey and assessment research findings for departments, faculty and campus leadership.
- Engage with various constituencies as the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty representative as needed (i.e., MSCHE meetings, NJ Office of the Secretary for Higher Education).
- Provide leadership and support for assessment of the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Master’s or terminal degree in Higher Education, Assessment, Educational Research, Educational Leadership or a related discipline, and a minimum of 3 years of related administrative experience in higher education and/or professional educational organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices for academic assessment.
- Significant experience in state, regional, and/or national accreditation, and advanced knowledge and experience with MSCHE accreditation and/or other accreditation processes. MSCHE accreditation experience is a preferred qualification.
- Demonstrated ability to serve effectively and collegially working with faculty and administrators as a member of the Academic Affairs leadership.
- Knowledge of appropriate state and federal rules and requirements for higher education.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and training, and to work professionally with diverse groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Technological skills relevant to academic administration and assessment.
This position is a twelve-month administrative appointment and reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty.
Applications must include a letter outlining the candidate’s experiences and qualifications for the position, a curriculum vita, and the names and contact information for three references and should be sent electronically (PDF format preferred) to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For priority consideration, applications should be submitted by December 11, 2020."
Bloomfield College is a 151-year old liberal arts college located ten miles west of New York City. We serve more than 1550 students with a mission to prepare students to attain academic, personal and professional excellence in a multicultural and global society. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
You will find additional information on the Academic Affairs website.
Apply for Director of Assessment and Accreditation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly