Director, Labor Relations & Compliance
Job no: 506734
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Human Resources
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Nov 16 2020
General Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Labor Relations and Compliance, this position provide assistance, advice and counsel in the administration of the collective bargaining agreements and other labor relations and HR compliance matters. Responds to record requests and serves as the public records requests designee. Works with other members of the Human Resources and Equal Opportunity & Outreach team.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master's Degree* in Labor Relations, Management, or other related field required
- 8-10 years directly related experience involving labor relations and employment-related litigation including experience conducting EEO related investigations and responding to external complaints
- Prior experience with public sector unions and/or higher education labor relations or human resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Human Resources Management practices.
- Knowledge of appropriate federal and state labor laws and practices
*Juris Doctor may be substituted for Master's degree
- Knowledge of appropriate UMass Trustee and campus’ regulations, policies and practices
- Ability to work effectively in both a team/group environment, and independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external staff and outside agencies both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to effectively provide information in an individual or group presentation
- Proven ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of the university’s HR informational data
- Demonstrated experience implementing a variety of HR Management initiatives, programs and policies
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and motivate office personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.