Coordinator, Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
Job TitleCoordinator, Texas Success Initiative (TSI)AgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentStudent SuccessProposed Minimum Salary$3,392.67 monthlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Coordinator is a full-time, professional position responsible for coordinating and assisting the TSI program at Texas A&M University-San Antonio. In this position, the TSI Coordinator would assure institutional compliance with all regulations and requirements regarding TSI per the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The TSI coordinator will enter and interpret scores, have knowledge of TSI-A exemptions based on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board mandates. The TSI Coordinator must also be familiar with CBM reporting as well as BANNER (review information, input data, run reports). This position will work collaboratively with various offices on campus.
- Serves as program liaison. Provides direct support, communicates with students and responds to information requests from students, faculty and staff regarding TSI regulations and policies. Enters and interprets TSI scores and exemptions and reports results to appropriate offices on campus. Refers TSI students to Student Academic Success Center and the Office of Advising.
- Monitors student TSI compliance by programming the student information system database (BANNER), analyzing reports, auditing student compliance status, and running hold programs. Enters data into BANNER, run reports in Accuplacer and BANNER for TSI Compliance purposes. Maintains database and files on TSI policies and procedures and activities associated with the TSI program.
- Creates and updates computer information files relating to TSI policies, procedures and implementation activities. Coordinates information gathering and dissemination with departments involved in TSI implementation (University College, Provost Office and Registrar. The Coordinator must be familiar with CBM reporting as well as BANNER (review information, input data, run reports).
- Develops and delivers staff and faculty trainings.
- Collaborates and assists with developmental and supplemental support programs on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Five years of related experience to include three years of related work experience administering and interpreting the TSI Assessment in a testing environment, record keeping processes and data management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of BANNER, Accuplacer and Developmental Education.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
1) Online Application
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any position on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.