Undergraduate Assistant - Student Leadership Assistant for Campus Vote Project
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT & LEADERSHIPAcademic Term/Year:
Spring - 2021Position Title:
Undergraduate Assistant - Student Leadership Assistant for Campus Vote ProjectPosting Number:
03040Student Job Category:
Student - Undergraduate AssistantNumber of Vacancies:
ECU Student Involvement and Leadership is currently seeking an Undergraduate Campus Vote Project assistant.
Campus Vote Project is seeking a student who is passionate about democratic engagement, politically interested and is a self-starter that will help peers register and vote and engage them in dialogue around democracy.
Campus Vote Project is dedicated to helping students gain access to the ballot and increasing youth voter turnout. Fellows are an integral part of carrying out voter engagement and empowerment at institutions of higher education across the country.
As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to work with administrative and faculty partners. You will work with the on-campus team to complete the four planning steps of the students learn students vote checklist, created to build power and ensure success. You will also be responsible for meeting deadlines and carrying out nonpartisan voter engagement activities on your campus.
Responsibilities and Goals:
- Participate in supporting a voter engagement plan, including meeting, planning deadlines, and being an active spokesperson.
- Carry out voter registration and voter education activities on campus. This includes:
▪ Informing your peers about registration and election deadlines
▪ Providing information about issues and candidates on the ballot
▪ Engaging students as voters and voter advocates for their peers
- Complete time sheets and check-ins with campus partners and with CVP staff to ensure fellows are on track and getting the support they need to carry out voter engagement efforts.
- Complete leadership and voter engagement webinars put on by Campus Vote Project.
▪ Fellows will also be asked to participate in discussion blocks related to grassroots organizing and voting rights issues.
- Participate in skill-building and historical-context discussion blocks. Write reflections on your work and the program.
- Opportunity to attend a Student Voter Summit in your state to learn new skills, discuss issues, and network with other students and organizations passionate about youth voter engagement.
Campus Vote Project is proud to support the program by conducting regular check-ins with fellows and administrators and faculty
partners. Campus Vote Project also produces student voting guides, voting information posters, and draft email, social media, and website content that can be used by fellows during the program.
- Fellows will receive a $1200 stipend in two installments ($500 at the end of the spring semester and $700 at the end of the fall semester).
- Fellows should be prepared to spend 10-15 hours per week on the program during the spring semester. You must be enrolled for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 for this position.
Please upload your resume and list of references online.Quick Link for Direct Access:
11/30/2020Open Until Filled: