Data Management Analyst II - UF Health Cancer Center
Job no: 513312
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29300000 - MD-CANCER CENTER
Advertised: 22 Dec 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 15 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Data Management Analyst IIJob Description:
As a Data Management Analyst II in the Cancer Informatics Shared Resource (CISR), you will collaborate with other members of the CISR to provide expertise to cancer investigators as they navigate complex data and informatics resources, including internal and external data sources as well as providing expert data management, processing, and analytics in support of their research. This position will be responsible for developing business intelligence reporting foundation, identifying data needs, and extracting data from multiple UF enterprise and clinical databases. This position requires a high degree of professionalism, critical thinking, independent judgement, as well as a diverse skillset in data science.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
This is a professional level position, ideal for candidates interested in furthering their career in data analytics and informatics. Employees in these roles operate as part of our collaborative research enterprise and are fundamental to the progress of cancer research being conducted at the University of Florida. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.Advertised Salary:
$58,000 – $68,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
As an ideal candidate you will have/be:
- Master's in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, Health Informatics, Engineering or related field and two to three years’ relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s in the same along with four to five years’ relevant experience;
- Experience in an NCI-designated Cancer Center, or similar NIH funded center strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated quantitative and data analysis skills, with the ability to communicate data in meaningful ways to stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work with a broad range of people including investigators, industry sponsors, partners at other institutions, UFHCC staff, and others;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently, interact professionally, and utilize effective writing and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated understanding and effective use of Emotional Intelligence strategies and skills;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Forward-thinking mentality, actively seeking opportunities and proposing creative solutions with strong decision-making capability;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and critical staff, both internally and externally, through a variety of communication mediums and venues;
- Excellent ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across functions to optimize performance and drive projects to completion, including working directly with University and senior leadership to achieve the goals of ongoing projects;
- Proficiency with Wordpress as well as HTML5/CSS;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Access, Excel, Word.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
The University of Florida is an equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Current applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.Health Assessment Required: