Administrative Support AST II
Job no: 515109
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29050904 - MD-PULMONARY SYSTEMS MEDICINE
Advertised: 16 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Administrative Support AST IIJob Description:
The Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine is looking to fill an Administrative Support Assistant II position. The position is located within the Division of Pulmonary in the Laboratory of Systems Medicine. The Laboratory of Systems Medicine strives to improve human health via the development of mathematical algorithms and innovative data science solutions. The duties/responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- Academic Support
1. Type routine correspondence, protocols, memorandums, letters or reports from dictation or handwritten copy using personal computer. Maintains filing for documents and correspondence as directed by faculty or Laboratory Director.
2. Assist faculty in scheduling academic conferences, which may include contacting sponsors, ordering lunch, obtaining meeting space, notifying Fellowship offices, and producing presentations or making copies of presentation.
3. Maintains Laboratory calendar for meetings and conferences and posts and distributes the calendar as needed. Sends weekly reminder emails to faculty and fellows for meetings and conferences.
4. Ensures conference attendance lists are up to date and complete.
5. Maintain accurate and up to date faculty Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. Obtain journal articles as needed, copying, printing, organizing presentations, and obtaining meeting space.
7. Assist faculty with Promotion and Tenure packets, annual Faculty Achievement Reports, and any other administrative forms as needed.
8. Assist with faculty grant submission, preparation, and site visits. Assist with faculty preparation or dissemination of academic documents including, but not limited to, journal manuscripts, abstracts, and posters.
9. Ensures faculty CVs are updated and assist with the tenure and promotion process for faculty. Manages Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities, including collection of certificates and uploading documentation to national database, tracks certification process for specialty/sub-specialty medical practice, and prepares of reports required for UF Health re-credentialing.
10. Coordinates medical and professional certifications and memberships, including Florida medical licenses, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificates and UF Health credentialing for laboratory faculty and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNPs).
11. Lead faculty evaluation process for Laboratory
12. Assist with the hires of volunteers
- Division Purchasing
1. Obtain vendor quotes, make purchases, insure delivery, process invoices, and work with the Laboratory Manager to insure invoices are paid from the correct accounts. All purchasing and accounts payable activities must be in compliance with Department of Medicine and UF Purchasing policies. Purchases and tracks Laboratory office supplies and faculty purchases
- Administrative Support
1. Prioritizes assignments and messages based on urgency or deadlines and works cooperatively with other Laboratory, Division, Department, and University staff to ensure that all assignments are completed in a timely manner and meet or exceed the standards for quality and performance as established by the Division Administrator.
2. Serves as a liaison to multiple internal and external entities, including but not limited to:
a. Departments in the College of Medicine
b. Department of Medicine and its Divisions
c. Department of Medicine Fellowship Office
d. Division clinics
e. VA Medical Center
3. Constantly strives to represent the Laboratory, Division, Department, and University in a positive and professional manner
4. Works closely with secretarial support staff in the Division to ensure that all faculty are supported in their clinical and academic needs. Provides direct back-up support when absences occur.
5. Adheres to all office policies, procedures, and protocols established by the Laboratory and Division.
$17 - $19 /hourMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
College degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail and Internet
• Demonstrated, outstanding ability to work under pressure in a busy office with frequent interruptions, changing priorities and short deadlines.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to function under stressful circumstances always maintaining respectful and supportive interactions
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
• Ability to work independently
• Strong interpersonal and telephone skills
• Knowledge of Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) rules and guidelines preferred
Upload CV for consideration for this position.
This is a time-limited position.
If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214, along with any other appropriate documentation to support your claim, with your application for consideration.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: