Chaplain - UVA Medical Center
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
Responsible for providing and coordinating pastoral care with patients, families, visitors, and staff, as well as teaching chaplain residents, chaplain interns, medical students, community clergy, and community groups; and serving with special initiatives of the Medical Center such as with the bereavement committee and the critical incident committee.
This position is primarily day shift, Monday through Friday. Chaplains will work an on-call schedule with night, weekend, and holiday rotations.
- Provides empathic resourceful pastoral care.
- Ability to teach effectively.
- Ability to work as a member of the pastoral care team and interdisciplinary team.
- Values and practices the highest standards of professional and personal ethics.
- Participates in special initiatives and religious services within the Medical Center.
- Reaches out to community clergy and groups to provide education support and coordination with medical center care.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Master of Divinity or similar Seminary Degree required.
Experience: 1 year of experience.
Licensure: Ordination and endorsement by a religious community; Board. Certification or eligibility for Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains or by a related organization such as: The National Association of Catholic Chaplains.
Job requires frequently walking (distance: 500 yards). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.