Clinical Lab Scientist 2 - Day Shift / Microbiology/Molecular Lab
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
Sign-on bonus is available to the hired Clinical Lab Scientist!
$5,000 for Clinical Lab Scientist 2 hires
$2,500 for Clinical Lab Scientist 1 hires
- Must work a 40 hour/week full-time schedule
- Must work a specified shift (days, evenings, or nights; weekend rotation if required by unit)
- 24 month commitment with pro-rated repayment for early termination
- Half in first paycheck
- Half after six months of employment
Responsible for performing complex procedures for clinical diagnostic purposes. Serves as a trainer and a role model.
- Performs Patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops skills and maintains competency in routine and assigned laboratory areas.
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
- Investigates documents and resolves problems or complaints.
- Serves as trainer and role model for Clinical Laboratory Scientist 1 staff and health care professional students.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in MT/CLS, 0 years; Bachelor’s in Bio/Chem 3 years; MLT-4 years.
Licensure: ASCP or equivalent certification within 18 months of hire.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: typing. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.