Clinical Research Coordinator - Varying Levels
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
The Department of Pediatrics is currently seeking 2 non-licensed Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs). This position is open to applicants who meet the requirements of a trainee, entry level or intermediate CRC. The CRCs will work closely with physicians, research staff, study subjects and Departmental staff. The successful candidates will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of clinical research from study start-up through to archiving of study records.
The successful candidates will be required to manage multiple complex clinical trials simultaneously in accordance with current regulatory requirements and maintain all study documentation in a manner that is ‘audit ready’. The successful candidates must also possess excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and the ability to clearly articulate information to clinicians and other members of the research team.
Specific Duties and Role Expectations Include:
- Active participation and engagement in the training and mentorship provided that is demonstrated by a continually increasing clinical research knowledge base
- Recruit, screen, and enroll participants who meet study eligibility criteria
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain telephone and in-person contact
- Collect and enter data for all trials in a timely fashion, maintain corresponding documentation
- Prepare, submit and manage all study regulatory documents including but not limited to central and local IRB initial protocol submissions, modifications, recruitment materials, continuations, adverse events logs and additional core regulatory documents with oversight from supervisor
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency using all research IT platforms employed at UVA as well as any IT platforms used in a given clinical trial
- Process, prepare and ship study research samples
- Notify Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status
- Obtain medical histories, conduct medical assessments of clinical trial subjects including symptom management and adverse event assessment. Provide appropriate guidance to the study PI within the context of the study protocol
- Serve as an information resource to study subjects
- Notify supervisor of any challenges associated with clinical trial conduct or research operations
- Manage research finances including but not limited to budget preparation, invoicing and account reconciliation with training and oversight from supervisor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, when needed, given the nature of the studies open to enrollment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of clinical research and/or acute care hospital patients and medical terminology.
Education: Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
Experience in clinical research is preferred but not required.
Licensure: If not certified as a clinical research professional (SOCRA or ACRP) at the time of hire, the successful candidate will be required to become certified within 1 year of being eligible to do so.
To apply please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for "R0019622". Complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the CV/Resume box.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
Please note multiple documents can be submitted in the CV/Resume Box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.