Senior Messaging & Collaboration Service Administrator
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching This is OIT.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeAdministration and operation of enterprise Messaging and Collaboration (M&C) services in a cloud environment, including:
- Provide leadership in the maintenance and continual evolution of M&C enterprise-wide services.
- Monitor production, test and development environments to ensure M&C availability and reliability and that continuously evolving business requirements and service improvements are met.
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder and vendor relationships.
- Participate in OIT projects with M&C components in a variety of roles including lead analyst, architect/designer; implementer, and integrator.
- Oversee M&C service documentation necessary for M&C administration, maintenance, and configuration, change management, issue resolution, user communication.
- In this role you will participate in a formal on-call rotation with definitive response times; the likelihood of the on-call employee having to come on-site to respond/manage the issue/incident is low. When not on call, you will be expected to respond in a reasonable (though not definitive) amount of time when called outside working hours regarding issues and incidents that arise.
- Base salary range for this position is competitive and market driven. Individual salary will be commensurate with relevant background, education and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Professional. Be Adaptable. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, or related field. A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Four years of professional experience as a Microsoft365 administrator including collaboration tools, and licensing.
- Two years of professional experience with Microsoft’s Security and Compliance Toolset.
- Two years of professional experience with Azure AD (e.g. conditional access, group management).
- Ability to ask appropriate and relevant questions to gain a clear understanding of technical issues combined with the ability to use this information to determine the most appropriate urgency and course of action.
- Ability to prioritize multiple and concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency in each task.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable skills as a collaborator, with the ability to influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated to maintain critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Experience with research compliance requirements (e.g. export control, ITAR, EAR).
- Two years of professional-level experience in higher education.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Azure.
- Experience with creating and editing advanced PowerShell scripts.
- One year of professional experience administering Linux-based virtual machines.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by November 30, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs. Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]