Senior Business Strategy and Financial Analyst
The successful candidate will report to the AVC with assigned duties and responsibilities to include financial analysis, pro forma modeling and comparison, peer and competition research and benchmarking to support informed business decisions, contract review and management, assistance in proposal development and pricing, business case development, and cost control processes. The position will also support the Financial Futures initiatives. Financial Futures is a series of innovation projects focused on improving CU Boulder’s financial resiliency and delivering on its mission as a tier-one public research institution. This position is expected to maintain a review of projects in WAVE (a performance and management tracking system), and coordinate and run trainings for Financial Futures participants including on WAVE, business case development, etc. The position will also support the Financial Futures team in producing content for leadership meetings, and attend Financial Futures office hours and meetings and drive problem solving during those sessions.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreFinance and Business Strategy works to ensure CU Boulder has a strategic, detailed, and comprehensive approach to all areas of resource planning and management. We provide useful information and analysis to assist academic and administrative units on campus with informed and effective decision-making, financial strategy, and measurable intelligence for business operations. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeBusiness Strategy Office Specific Analyses and Evaluations
- Research, explore, and assist the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Business Strategy (AVC) in evaluating, developing and initiating new revenue-generating opportunities for CU Boulder and the CU Boulder Enterprise Corporation.
- Provide analytical support for business development, dialogue, and contract management.
- Provide analytical support to the AVC to advise the strategic direction of the auxiliary service departments within Finance and Business Strategy, including the CU Book Store, Campus Vending, Imaging Services, Parking Services, and the Testing and Assessment Center.
- In this role, the analyst will work across an extensive range of University operations, including Research; Procurement; IT; Finance; Advancement and Gifts; Program Portfolio; Summer and Evening programming; Marketing; Auxiliaries; Enrollment; Retention; Executive, Extended, and Next Generation Education; and Online Education.
- Provide research, financial, and analytical support for business case development for individual projects, and will help support projects as they move to implementation, operation, and revenue/cost savings generation.
- Perform market analysis, data analysis, and benchmarking. Evaluate return on investment and support project owners in crafting measurable achievements and critical metrics to drive positive impact.
- As the Financial Futures initiative transitions into standard university processes, this position will help craft these processes to ensure robust analysis and decision making around future investments/cost savings initiatives.
- Other duties include internal reporting, contract administration, and client/customer contact activities to provide for accurate contract approval and execution in accordance with campus policies, legal requirements, and internal client/customer specifications.
- Assists with the preparation of bids; processes specifications, progress, and other project and initiative reports; compiles and analyzes financial and contract data; and maintains historical information.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Resourceful. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years or more of professional experience including three years business, contract, and/or financial analysis experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Strong understanding of MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Outstanding analysis and modeling skills.
- Outstanding oral, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to address a broad range of audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute on multiple priorities under time constraints.
- Familiar with working cross-functionally and jointly to implement and benchmark strategic projects.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in business, management, public/higher education administration, or a comparable field.
- Experience related to pro forma modeling, financial forecasts and cash flows.
- Experience conducting business or commercial real estate investment due diligence and/or commercial lending underwriting
- Experience in a higher education, nonprofit, or public organization setting, either directly employed or as a partner/service provider to the sector.
- Experience using Tableau and other analytical tools.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]