Sch of Nat Resource&Enviro-ResDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The School of Natural Resources and the Environment (SNRE) is hiring an Accountant to manage post-award and other financial tasks for the School. A successful candidate will take initiative, work independently and in our team, pay attention to detail and be able to schedule/prioritize tasks. The Accountant will provide prompt and accurate information to administration, faculty, students and staff. This position will require working in a fast paced team environment under the supervision of the Manager of Finance and Administration supporting 230+ employees and 400 business accounts.
The School of Natural Resources and the Environment is part of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and is a world leader in pursuing science that informs how environmental change impacts arid and semi-arid systems and how best to adapt to environmental challenges. For an overview of SNRE watch our video, http://snre.arizona.edu/video
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit http://www.whyua.arizona.edu/.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages grant account expenditures and budgets. Ensures expenditures are in compliance with university and federal regulations.
- Ensures accounts are closed out according to policies.
- Account reconciliation and projections. Reviews sponsored accounts monthly using established department procedures.
- Management and processing of financial documents including, sub-awards, POs, travel, purchasing card or other financial transactions as needed.
- May supervise a student employee responsible for processing financial transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of university accounting principles, practices, principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in performing detailed numerical computations.
- Skill in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Skill in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage workload independently.
- Ability to problem solve when you hit roadblocks.
- Demonstrated experience with meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Prior job experience at UA
- Previous experience in post-award grant management
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
42,500 - 44,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Grant & Contract AdminJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
[email protected] BusackOpen Date:
11/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.