Senior Systems Engineer (IT Architect III)
COM Info Technology ServicesDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona College of Medicine is seeking a first-rate technologist to join its Information Technology Services Department (COM ITS) as a Senior Systems Engineer. In this role, you will help to deliver efficient, stable and secure solutions in support of the college’s administrative, educational, and research missions. It is a goal of COM ITS to be seen as a leader in technology at the University and amongst its peer institutions. This position plays a key role in achieving that vision.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain information systems security architecture plans, ensuring that all network-attached devices meet university, college and other IT security policy requirements. Build, deploy and harden Windows and Linux based servers in a mixed physical and virtualized environment. Maintain documentation of system configuration and changes, operational procedures and other processes.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all storage, compute and backup hardware located in multiple data centers. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed-up.
- Test and apply patches/updates to operating systems, applications and hardware firmware. Perform performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Repair and recover from unexpected hardware or software failures.
- Support assigned systems with on-call availability and respond within agreed upon timeframes. Take part in the planning and implementation of various infrastructure optimization projects.
- Provide consulting assistance to service desk and desktop support staff, and assist with escalated technical incidents whenever necessary. Participate in UA Network Managers group and other campus committees to build and strengthen relations and partnerships with UA and Banner University Medicine colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$52,024 - $65,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
IT ArchitectureJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard Chavez - [email protected]Open Date:
11/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.