Community Outreach Professional III
McGuire Ctr - EntrepreneurshipDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship is an independent Center within the Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona. The McGuire Center is the foundation of the University’s premier and pioneering reputation in entrepreneurship education, and is a key driver of entrepreneurship research and entrepreneurial activity within the College and broader community.
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Arizona, Eller College of Management invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of Community Outreach Professional III for the Eller Economic Development Program. The candidate will coordinate a grant-funded community outreach program focused on small businesses and entrepreneurship, especially serving those owned and operated by minority and underserved populations. In addition, the successful candidate will lead non-credit educational opportunities in the local community.
The University of Arizona has beenrecognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information aboutworking at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visithttp://www.whyua.arizona.edu/.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impactof COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved bythe Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will benotified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programsguidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn moreabout the programs and whether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop curriculum for short, non-credit business education programs. These programs will serve minority and underserved businesses and non-profit organizations in Southern Arizona.
- Work with banks and other financial institutions to coordinate curriculum and to educate businesses and non-profits regarding financing options.
- Engage in community outreach to attract program participates.
- Deliver short-course education programs and coordinate participation of outside consultants as speakers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience with business education programs.
- Consulting experience with working across many sectors of industry and small businesses and their strategic challenges and how they are addressed.
- Persuasive skills selling a program to potential participants, supporters and donors.
- Experience teaching and working with students.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
11/22/2020Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
J. William Peck
Business Manager, Senior
11/13/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
in your Cover Letter, please explain how your experiences address the Preferred Qualifications.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.