Business Manager, Senior
Medicine AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The primary focus and responsibility of this position will be managing accounting and support staff for the College of Medicine (COM) Finance Office, overseeing the day-to-day office operations and creating various accounting reports and analysis. In addition, this position will interact extensively with the University and UA Foundation activities and accounting systems. The office serves as a liaison between the University and COM – Tucson. We are responsible for fiscal oversight and financial reporting at the college and departmental levels. We serve all COM departments, various centers/programs, and multiple administrative sub-units. The office also functions as a satellite bursar’s office, provides guidance and training in the areas of accounting, budgeting, payroll, gift funds, financial/accounting systems, property/asset management, and standardized processes.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage finance office staff including making decisions regarding hiring, evaluation promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Manage and control expenditures in accordance with budgetary guidelines and university policies and procedures; authorize requests for supplies and services or other purchases.
- Develop and establish procedures for the budget process and daily operations according to policies and procedures established by the university and external governing agencies
- Prepare major operational budgets; coordinate or direct preparation of budgets for reporting units.
- Control and manage proper accounting and records of operational and special budgets, typically utilizing a computerized system; design and implement new procedures or computer systems; manage cost control practices and cash flow.
- Prepare or coordinate preparation of financial and administrative reports; financial data for the presentation of findings, trends and recommendations.
- Interpret, implement, develop and/or recommend changers to rules, regulations, policies and procedures set for the by the university or outside governing agencies.
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with regulations and policies
- Advise staff on financial, technical and operational matters; instruct and orient new members of staff, faculty or administration.
- Represent college, department or work unit at meetings or conferences.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field.* Extensive experience with UA and UA Foundation policies and procedures, and systems including fund accounting, state, foundation accounting, and working knowledge of UAccess.* Proficient in Microsoft Excel.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Administrative OperationsJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard Chavez - [email protected]Open Date:
11/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.