Clinical Research Assistant
NeurologyDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
Perform a variety of tasks, such as recruitment and screening of prospective research participants; obtaining informed consent from study participants; collecting, entering, and analyzing subject data; and compiling reports.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Clinical Research Coordinators and Principal Investigators to learn the full scope of clinical research duties including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management.Assist in the preparation of documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials, keeping appropriate logs, tracking participants, and preparing study materials.Perform a variety of tasks, such as recruitment and screening of prospective research participants; obtaining informed consent from study participants; collecting, entering, and analyzing subject data; and compiling reports.Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.es and Responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of the organization, job content, practices and procedures.
- Breadth of knowledge enabling high level of contribution to all aspects of the job.
- Ability to train junior employees.
* Bachelor's degree, highly preferred.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$13.07 - $18.15Compensation Type:
3Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
12/13/2020Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Mauro Oliveros - [email protected]Open Date:
11/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.