Posting Number: :
0000919Job Title: :
Full-Time PlumberPS Position#: :
00000108Position Status: :
MaintenanceJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Under the guidance and direction of the Director of Physical Plant, the Plumber performs preventative and corrective maintenance of campus plumbing systems. The plumber will be doing plumbing repairs and also help the HVAC Team do repairs when available. Maintain plumbing on and off main campus. Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and general installation of all types of plumbing equipment including toilets, sinks, water closets, water heaters, coolers, freezers, ice machines, and associated motors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install, repair, and maintain distribution lines and fixtures in all building systems including domestic/cold water, hot water, gas, steam/hydronic heating, condensate return, laboratory and kitchen fixtures/equipment, bathroom and shower fixtures, water fountains, sewer lines, and sanitary systems.
- Repair all plumbing related pipes and valves, clean drains and sewer lines, cut and thread pipe, operate power saw and threading machine, and use all tools of the plumbing trade.
- Order necessary replacement materials.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist other trades with duties as required.
- Make deliveries to other facilities in and out of town by truck, trailer, and/or car.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Five (5) years of general plumbing experience
- Must have mathematical skills and analytical skills to do estimates
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Adept at establishing relationships with all parties involved in the construction process that facilitates harmonious working relations during project, and permit prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of eighty (80) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent basis
- Ability to perform tasks on all area and aspects of construction project
- Must be able to read an use MEP blueprints an system diagrams
- Ability to climb ladders up to sixty (60) feet and crawl for distances of fifty (50) feet
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man lift
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions as warranted
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be customer focused; continually improving on customer service
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Licensed plumber
- Completion of a plumber apprentice program
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
09/27/2019Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.