Laboratory Services Tech
Laboratory Services TechnicianUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Laboratory Services TechLocation:
Ingram School of EngineeringRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$2,518 - $3,333Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
In a cover letter, applicants must specifically address how they meet each of the following required qualifications.
• Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory, machine shop, or similar setting
• Experience maintaining laboratory, machine shop, or similar equipment
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Word and Excel
• Ability to prioritize and manage work, including multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to perform basic math and statistical operations
• Ability to communicate with individuals from other departments or administrative units
• High school graduate or equivalency
Responsible for providing equipment to faculty, instructors, and students for their daily labs and ensuring laboratory supplies are available and that equipment is in working order.Job Duties:
• Assist with the preparation and continued revision of standard laboratory operating procedures
• Assist with the preparation, safe use, and clean-up of the laboratory associated with classroom and research activities
• Assist with ordering, receiving, processing, inventory, storage, maintenance, and disposal of incoming and outgoing equipment, supplies, and raw materials
• Assist with the coordinated use of laboratory facilities
• Other duties as assigned
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34069.
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by posting close date.
A COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND TWO (2) LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION ARE REQUIRED TO BE ATTACHED WITH YOUR APPLICATION.Job Open Date:
10/26/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
11/30/2020Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.