Dir, Facilities Management
Director of Facilities Management & Custodial OperationsUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Dir, Facilities ManagementLocation:
Facilities ManagementRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
Commensurate with experienceJob Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Experience in a facilities maintenance organization in a position responsible for making decisions regarding maintenance of a physical plant.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite, an integrated workplace management system, and ERP system such as SAP.
• Strong skills at budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting
• Knowledge of building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and finishes.
• Knowledge of federal and Texas state law as it pertains to procurement
• General knowledge of warehousing principles
• General knowledge of operation and maintenance of a vehicle fleet
• Ability to communicate with personnel at all levels in the University community.
• Ability to do research, develop, and implement strategic initiatives assigned by the Associate Vice President for Facilities
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree
• Five or more years’ experience in a maintenance organization at a college, university, or military installation in a position responsible for making decisions regarding maintenance of the physical plant.
• APPA CEFP or graduate of the APPA Institute
The Director, Facilities Management and Custodial Services reports to the Associate Vice President for Facilities. The position works closely with the Associate Vice President to develop and manage Facilities Operating Budgets valued at over $60M annually. The Director is responsible for oversight of the Facilities Warehouse, and purchasing staff ($20M annually); the University Garage and 300+ vehicle fleet; Facilities’ Systems staff managing Facilities information management systems, assets including software and hardware for 280 Facilities personnel; the customer service unit; business and budget management; and custodial services (contract and in-house) for Education and General Facilities. Serves as account manager for 12+ operating accounts with a total annual budget of $11M. Responsible for a staff of 58 University employees and indirect oversight of 120 FTE contract custodial employees.Job Duties:
• Responsible for providing business services to the Facilities Department which consists of five Directorates and over 280 personnel.
• Oversees the operation of the Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) AiM from AssetWorks. Monitors the work control and billing processes. Provides training to members of the campus community regarding Facilities Department services and procedures.
• Manages the development of contracts for renovation, repair, and maintenance of facilities and utility systems.
• Oversees the procurement of good and services and the operation of the warehouse that supports the in-house custodial, grounds, utilities, maintenance, and operations shops
• Oversees the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment. Sets policy on vehicle usage and procurement, makes vehicle assignments, procures new vehicles and files required reports with the state of Texas and the US Department of Energy.
• Manages the Fleet Gas Card program including billing for over 350 gas cards.
• Oversees the University approved driver program. Sets policy for who may drive University Fleet vehicles, conducts annual drivers license checks for over 1500 approved drivers.
• Manages all Facilities IT resources including over 200 computers, 150 cellphones, organizational software, assets, and licenses.
• Manages 12 Operating Accounts valued at over $11M annually.
• Oversees custodial services for Education and General facilities. Manages both in-house and contract custodial services.
• Directs, supervises, and evaluates six direct reports and provides leadership to over 50 University employees.
• Assists the Associate Vice President in the oversight and development of over 60 Facilities operating accounts valued at over $60M. Works with the University Budget office to develop annual budgets.
• Manages strategic initiatives and reporting as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Facilities.
11/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.