DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Department Assistant
Job ID 3973
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reports to Loop Facility Operations Business Manager, performs clerical and accounting duties which requires familiarity with office practices and procedures. This position is responsible for the effective performance of various day to day Facility Operations clerical activities.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Receives all general phone calls to Facility Operations, assigning calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Accepts emergency calls and makes necessary contact with appropriate Facility Operations, Public Safety and Occupational Health & Safety personnel
- Maintain professional and friendly manner responding and interacting with tenants, vendors, other staff, and city inspectors whether it be in person, telephone, or via e-mail.
- Assist in the processing of all department and project purchase orders, to include bid pricing, from point of requisition to actual sending the purchase order request to the Procurement office for approval; and the tracking of all credit card orders that have been approved by the Manager, and distribution of all paperwork to the appropriate trades foreman and the Business Manager.
- Prepare Vendor Agreement and document receipt of same signed prior to issuing request for purchase order.
- Once services performed, code invoices accurately and attach supporting documentation before submitting for approval to Loop Business Manager.
- Once approved enter invoice data into Access database.
- The distribution of departmental requested keys, as well as the tracking of keys distributed to contractors.
- Responsible for updating daily Life Safety and Elevator Status notifications to office staff and trade foremen.
- Maintain calendar of scheduled work within all Loop buildings and provide property access log to Public Safety, FO office staff, and foreman.
- Perform special projects including but not limited to: DePaul University signage requests; obtain and maintain updated list of DePaul Loop Campus Life Safety evacuation team members and individuals requiring assistance in the event of an evacuation.
- Life safety records are for fire department use in the event of a building emergency.
- Tracks vacation requests for both LPC & Loop FO offices and enters the time-off on the FOVac calendar.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Loop Utility Spreadsheet and the relaying the utility invoice information to the utility consultant.
- Assist with various day to day tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school level education.
- 3 - 5 years accounting/bookkeeping/office experience
- Specific aptitude with AP/Purchasing procedures.
- Some college.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Good Organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer systems: Access, Excel and Word.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
This position will rarely have to work outside of the normal workday. Limited travel may be required in order to pursue professional development activities.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: