Student: Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST)
Student: Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST)Requisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Georgetown, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$10/ hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
As a Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST), you’ll carry out rewarding work, seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. LSTs provide training, assistance and supervision to clients in the areas of living skills, therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential and community settings. LSTs work closely with our clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
Assist with daily activities:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Facilitate working relationships between Employers and those we
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want
to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you
for success!Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- A caring attitude with a dedication to assisting others
- Successful clearance of background checks, drug screen, motor
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required for most
12/16/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: