Student: Resident Monitor
Student: Resident MonitorRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$10.70 to $14.97Type of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
16-40 hours per week.
Hiring Part-time & Full-time positions.
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
Work for one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit provider’s specializing in community based adult re-entry programs. Our company provides quality, cost effective community based residential and non-residential supervision and treatment services. ENJOY meaningful work, indoor work environment, competitive pay and benefits. Do work that POSITIVELY IMPACTS your community, assisting individuals to heal so they can once again be productive and responsible citizens.
Monitors the custody, security, control, and maintenance of the facility and residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors Residents – Observes, documents, and ensures the accountability of all residents while within the facility and in the community by enforcing all rules, responsibilities, and restrictions assigned to residents. Provides control and documentation of transactions regarding all money, subsistence, medications, first-aid supplies, mail, visitors, accountability checks, and telephone calls.
- Assists with managing program services – Assists and supports Counselors, with resident programming that may include but not be limited to: installing electronic monitoring equipment, visiting residents in the homes and places of employment; and providing alcohol and urine surveillance testing.
- Monitors Facility – Conducts and documents scheduled internal and external inspections of the premises to maintain the health, safety and accountability of the residents. Ensures physical plant safety safety/sanitation standards are maintained.
- Maintains Working Knowledge and follows all Procedures and Policies – Outlined in the Statement of Work, Physical Plant and Operations Manuals. Proficiency in knowledge and operations of emergency drills, life safety, facility sanitation, escapes and unusual occurrence procedures.
- Work Schedule – In the event of a work stoppage, works the hours necessary to staff the center. Will accept reassigned shifts without advanced notice. Attend and participate in all required appointments/meetings. Some meetings/appointments may be scheduled off site.
- Sanitation – Responsible for general housekeeping of your work place to include: dusting, polishing, vacuuming, and emptying of trash.
- Other – Additional duties may be assigned by the Director. These Programs operate with the understanding that the Federal or State Contracting Authority and/or Executive Management has the right to modify their operating standards, to include staffing requirements and qualifications, as needed, to ensure quality and continuation of services. These changes may affect your qualifications for continued employment in this specific job category or classification.
REQUIRED Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities :
- Ethics- Upholds organizational values; treats people with respect; works with integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Customer service- Manages difficult or emotional situations.
- Organizational Support- Maintains accurate and detailed records on residents; follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Communication- Listens and seeks clarification; Writes clearly and informatively.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time and notifies appropriate\ persons when tasks are not completed. Is consistently on time for work.
- Initiative- Self-starter; asks for and offers help when needed.
12/16/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: