Assistant Director of Parent and Family
Date: September 4, 2020
Title: Assistant Director of Parent and Family
Description: Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Development and Engagement, the Assistant Director of Parent and Family is responsible for managing parent and family initiatives aimed at increasing parent affinity, volunteerism, and philanthropic support of Hartwick.
- Create, implement, and manage the Parent and Family Association collaborating with key campus partners to foster a positive experience for current and former families in their interactions with Hartwick.
- Develop and implement an annual communications plan designed to increase parent and family affinity for the College through regular outreach.
- Collaborate with in Admissions, Enrollment Management, Student Experience, Career Development, Alumni Relations, and Development to develop and implement a strategic engagement plan that involves families in mentoring opportunities, college programming, and financial support for the College.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major donor family prospects. Working with the Annual Fund Coordinator, create a solicitation plan to increase current and former parent giving to Hartwick.
- Collaborate with campus partners in Admissions, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Athletics and the President’s Office in the planning and implementation of significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue/Family Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
- As a representative of the College, must comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three or more years of direct constituent engagement experience, preferably within an educational institution.
Position involves occasional travel and the ability to work nights and weekends as required. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the College.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing programming.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage people in-person and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work on deadline and manage multiple assignments at once.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be energetic, creative, and resourceful, and demonstrate initiative.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with staff, faculty, and volunteers.
- A proven record of working independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and ability to compromise to achieve goals in tandem with project partners.
To apply for the Assistant Director of Parent and Family position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.