Date: November 16, 2020
Title: Area Coordinator
Description: Reporting to the Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing, the Area Coordinator (AC) manages the day to day operations of multiple residence halls and supervises student workers in the following capacities; Community Development Advisors (CDAs), Resident Advisors (RAs) and Night Attendants. The AC will work directly with students living in their buildings to develop educational, respectful, inclusive and engaged living learning environments for 300-400 students. The AC will work with the Director and Assistant Directors in developing, implementing and assessing both Resident Advisor and Professional Staff training. The AC also participates in the administrative functions and programming efforts of the Residence Life and Housing operations. This is a live-on position.
- Manages multiple residence halls day to day operations, support student contact, facilities liaison, develop community and advise Hall councils.
- Divides work hours between their buildings and the Office of Student Experience.
- Serve on-duty coverage for the campus about one week per month, during this time respond to campus emergencies and crisis situations.
- Student Staff supervision and evaluation – Directly supervises and trains up to 14 Resident Advisors (student staff) and 6-8 Night Attendant student staff.
- Assists Assistant Director in development, implementation and assessment of RA and professional staff training.
- Run weekly staff meetings with resident advisor staff and conduct weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with their CDAand
- Oversees building programming efforts; reviews, critiques and approves RA and Hall Council programming efforts to be consistent with the residential curriculum model.
- Represent Student Conduct as a hearing officer to determine decisions and sanctions of students documented for policy violations.
- Coordinate and collaborate in all opening and closing procedures during the academic year.
- Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
- Employee is expected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations.
- As a representative of the College, employee is expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with at least three years of experience in Residential Life and Housing in Higher Education.
Skills required are communication, interpersonal, leadership, supervisory and crisis management. Familiarity with Maxient, Navigate, and StarRez are preferred.
To apply for the Area Coordinator position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.